Wednesday 17 August 2011

Rather rude of you

Blimey, I did not realise it has been over two weeks since I last blogged.
My 17 year old daughter has been visiting me and as I normally miss her so much I have spent every spare moment with her. She has found it quite difficult visiting this time as I am no longer able to do the things we always did together.

Have still been having physio every week although it is not helping but hey ho, if I dont go then I get no help at all as they see it as not needed.
I am not too happy about having to see the OT and having leg and arm braces. It is bad enough that I know have to use 2 trough crutches as one just is not enough. People stare at me as the crutches are not the sort one would normally see around town.

I am trying to be positive at all times now but am finding it hard as have so many new problems. I keep getting an awful pain from my stomach right down my back passage. Docs answer??? Probably fibro. It feels like the contractions I had when giving birth but in the back passage not the front. Probably fibro my arse (no pun intended). This seems to be the normal excuse now for everything. Doc, my leg fell off, 'oh its probably fibro'. Its a joke.  I have not been able to move for the past two days because of this pain. It really is that bad. It goes and as soon as I move it comes back.

On a brighter note I did manage to take daughter clothes shopping when she first arrived. She thought the wheelchair was hilarious especially as it goes so fast. Hubby came too of course and it sounds silly but I felt so jealous of them. They would start walking and I kept ending up behind them in my chair. They did not realise I was being pushed out as when you walk and talk you tend to move closer to the person you are talking with so I ended up being pushed out. Its a natural thing to do but I still felt it, if you know what I mean.  It was an awful feeling which I felt so guilty about.

Oh and to the TWAT, yes TWAT in ASDA. I am disabled. there is no need to stare or point or make rude comments. No it was not a youngster but a 40+ gent in a suit. I dont choose this life style. I dont choose to walk this slow on my crutches. If it was my choice I would choose to be able bodied not a bloody cripple.
This condition chose me but I am not going to hide away for your convenience. I am here, I will be seen and I will be heard. If you dont like it or I dont fit into your perfect world then pass me by and ignore me. Do not spout your ignorant crap at me or about me. have a little dignity. That is one thing I still have that this illness cannot take from me. DIGNITY!!! Perhaps you may learn that word one day but I do hope it is not because you have ended up like me as I would not wish this on anyone no matter what they have done in their life.

Oh I forgot. I finally went blonde. It took four days of being bright orange but I am now a lovely golden blonde. I will be going blonder over the next few months but I will do it gradually. I also had so much of my hair cut off. It is now a shoulder length bob. It helps so much with the sweating problem and is so much easier to get combed every day now. My hair is normally so thick so having it really long made it nearly impossible for me to wash/dry and comb.
I am so pleased with the finished result though. It looks so FAB.

I had better go as my fingers are absolutely killing me. I just wanted to send a little prayer via my blog that somehow I can eventually afford a ramp for my front door, a stair lift so I can start using my upstairs again so can have a shower and use the loo instead of commode and a wet room. OMG those things would be such a life saver.
Anyway better go before my hands seize up totally

Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment