Sunday 25 September 2011

Seen the Doc and other bits

Well I finally saw the doc again.  SHe did not ring as wwanted to tell me in person that the Endocrinologist wants to see me. Apparently I now have to be tested for Cushings disease and four other things although cant remember the names.  I have no idea why.  Anyone with a brain can tell that these symptoms along with Fibro mean ME/CFS but obviously the consultant is not busy so he wants to do loads of tests some of which mean a stay in hospital.  Just what I need.  I have found in those places the nurse responsible for giving out meds does not like giving you them when YOU need them but only at the time she wants to give them. No good for me as need them at my set times as they are the times that work best for me.

Went shopping in Asda today.  Hubby took my electric chair. Oh it was heaven.  I managed to have a good look round and even bought myself some winter boots.  I was not there that long but being in the chair made all the difference.  Now if only people would realise chair users cant move out of the way as quick as feet and no amount of tutting they do will change that.  Blimey some people have no manners at all nowadays.

My meds seem to be wearing off a lot quicker than they used to which is a bugger and I seem to be spending more and more time in bed.  Not liking that much but it does ease some of the pain so it has become necessary.  At this rate by the new year I will be completely stuck in bed as any movement now is so terribly painful.

Still not found anyone to respray my wheelchair yet but have not given up hope.  I never will.  I just feel that if I have to use the aids to make my life a little more normal then they may as well look fun and make me smile.

I have hydro on Wed and am dreading it as the last session wiped me out completely for days
I wish I was normal but know I am not and have decided it is time to claim DLA.  I have put it off for as long as I can as I did not want the 'Disabled' label attached to me.  To me it is admitting defeat. To my docs and therapists it is just learning to live a different way and getting the help needed to do it.  Not sure I believe them but then again my knowledge of people with disibilities is very limited to what I have seen on TV.  I never really knew anyone who was disabled.  The people I always mixed with were very fit and active.  I also had to be to do my job.  Working as a doorman and being a woman I had to be twice sometimes three times as good as the men and we would have training days where I had to prove it to get respect.  Now I cant even get myself dressed so it has been a giant learning curve for me.

Anyway.  I guess what I am trying to say is I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that this is me now.  It will take me a while longer yet until I am comfy with it and I guess I probably never will be completely comfy with not being able to do simple things myself.

Anyway this is just a quick update as although only 3 pm I need to go to bed for an hour or two as I am feeling very poorly again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment